CIBERNED has as its ultimate goal the promotion of scientific and technical research of excellence in the field of human health, with the generic purpose of producing results quickly transferable to clinical practice in order to improve the health and wellbeing of patients suffering of neurodegenerative diseases, as well as their families and caregivers, providing in turn economic and social benefits. Among its specific aims, the following should be highlighted:
- Promote and develop cooperative translational research excellence in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Fostering the impact of science on the health system and on the welfare of patients.
- Enhance participation in coordinated actions and calls promoted by funding agencies and the international and national level.
- Encourage the development of new therapeutic or/and preventive interventions.
- Implement an infrastructure of strategic value forthe developmentof research onprevention, diagnosis and
- Develop plans for specialized training.
- Promote support cross-platforms (biobanks, brain imaging ...)
- To involve society in the enormous medical and socioeconomic impact of neurodegenerative diseases and facilitate their involvement in the fight against neurodegeneration.